Saturday, August 15, 2009
All About Diane
A community activist of Ward 3, I am also wife to Patrick, and stay at home mom to two boys, Zachary and Nicholas, and daughter to my live in dad, Kevin McGinn. We live in a historic home in Foster Square. Formerly, I was an innovative and effective Manager in communications with 13+ years in telecommunications, consistently exceeded business goals. As a stay at home mom with a lot of time on my hands, I found opportunities in the community matching my skills. I started a local chapter of Freecycle in 2005, now with 4600+ members who keep "still good" items from going into the landfill. Active with the French Hill Crime Watch, and leveraged our successes with exposure to increase crime watch participation throughout the city. Developed grant to secure Americorps Vista Volunteers to work in French Hill to raise the socioeconomic level of the community. Volunteer two to three days a week in schools, and actively participate in the PTO. Locally volunteer and/or support at the Tolles Street Mission, Upper Room Ministries, Nashua Children's Home, Marguerite's Place, Nashua Humane Society, International Sculpture Symposium, and St. Christopher's.
